University Of Buffalo
Providing customers with solutions using DbNetSuite Products
DbNetSuite products have helped provide solutions to many customers. Their products have significantly reduced our development time while greatly improving the quality of our user's web interfaces. They have also provided a means to build database management consoles that work well for administrators working with multiple RDBMS systems. DbNetSuite seamlessly allows management of data in Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Access and other ODBC compliant data warehouses.
The initial setup and operation of DbNetSuite across these RDBMS platforms can occur within a day and then your programmers have tools with which to extend the functionality of your projects and clients as far as they can go.
Within a private international firm, we were fortunate to have one of our programmer's come across DbNetSuite's line of Products so we purchased licenses to try it. We were very pleasantly surprised at the products we receive, we not only got programming tools, but it turned out that the DbNetSuite products allowed for an out-of-box comprehensive data management solution. The system's interfaces allowed us to quickly establish web-based data grids at all locations and spend more of our time on workflow and helping customers.
After the great success of our 1st experiences with DbNetSuite, we implemented the tools on new projects. For example, we were tasked to setup an environmental data system for a large U.S. DoD sector client. The project involved data from 12 bases across the U.S. We integrating many data sources into a data warehouse and we needed a solution that helped us bridge legacy data and RDBMS systems. The solution needed to be web-based so the warehouse could be securely accessed by numerous end-users from different locations and networks. DbNetSuite helped us to build interfaces into our data warehouse. We were able to rapidly build:
- Data searching and filtering pages,
- Read-only report grids,
- Data editing screens to allow select end-users to modify within across multiple data sources, and
- An Administrative Console that simultaneously allows administrators to bridge Oracle, SQL Server and Microsoft Access and quickly manage database system
We found two extremely handy features that are enabled when using DbNetSuite Products:
- The ability to allow a user to download data into multiple formats (e.g. Word, Excel, html, XML, CSV, etc.), and
- The use of the products built-in Profiler and Design Products which allow administrators to rapidly build data grids from resources and have a visual repository they use to manage all the data grids and change them as needed.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the use of DbNetSuite products for your project. We hope to apply these products in a new sector within a university environment and look forward to the new applications that we may build with their components.
Systems Administrator/Educational Technologies
University at Buffalo, NY